Join us for a special EARTH DAY screening in partnership with Newport Daffodil Days Festival at Ronald Lee Fleming’s historic house and gardens on Bellevue Avenue!
SEED: THE UNTOLD STORY
Presented by Lila Delman Real Estate International
Thursday, April 20
Ronald Lee Fleming’s Bellevue House
304 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI
6:00PM – Venue opens for picnicking & strolling the magnificent gardens. Food vendors & Cash Bar open.
6:30PM – Pre-film live music featuring Bill Bartholomew
7:45PM (sunset) – Film, followed by Q&A
SUGGESTED DONATION: $5
RSVP & Watch Trailer: bit.ly/SeedDoc
MORE IMPORTANT DETAILS:
– Food vendors: Boru Noodle Bar, Free Popcorn
– Cash Bar: Wine, Beer, & specialty cocktails by “The Cocktail Guru” Jonathan Pogash
– BYO picnic, blankets & chairs
– **PLEASE bring warm blankets, jackets, sleeping bags, etc to stay warm & cozy during the film as temperature could be chilly**
– Bike racks on-site provided by Bike Newport
– Street parking available
– Inclement Weather Venue: Casino Theatre, 9 Freebody Street, Newport
ABOUT THE FILM:
“Contains just enough gourmet touches to draw foodies into the audience alongside the usual environmentalist crowd.”
– THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
SEED: The Untold Story follows passionate seed keepers protecting our 12,000 year-old food legacy. In the last century, 94% of our seed varieties have disappeared. As biotech chemical companies control the majority of our seeds, farmers, scientists, lawyers, and indigenous seed keepers ﬁght a David and Goliath battle to defend the future of our food. In a harrowing and heartening story, these reluctant heroes rekindle a lost connection to our most treasured resource and revive a culture connected to seeds.