This is America: A series of conversations about racial slavery, its legacies, and anti-Black racism
This is America: Roundtable on Education in Rhode Island during Covid-19
Registration link will be available soon.
By mid-March of 2020 many schools, including institutions of higher education, like Brown University, switched from in person courses to remote learning due to the spread of the novel coronavirus in the United States. As we near the one year mark of remote and hybrid learning in the state, please join us for an informal conversation with high school students, teachers and community organizers as they reflect on the past year and the impact the pandemic has had on education in Rhode Island.
- Claribel Crews, Teacher at Charette High School
- Charles Youn, Community Organizer
- Genesis Lopez, Senior at Hope High School
- Leslie Arauz Velasquez, Senior at Central Falls High School
- Moderator, Maiyah Gamble Rivers, Manager of Programs and Community Engagement