The Rhode Island Council for the Humanities seeks an Arts and Culture Research Intern to support the Council’s Rhode Island Arts and Culture Research Fellowship. Working with a small, collaborative team, this intern will gain experience with research, digital humanities, creative culture, and community engagement.
The Humanities Council seeds, supports, and strengthens public history, cultural heritage, civic education, and community engagement by and for all Rhode Islanders.
Time Frame: Summer, 2019
Temporary, Part-Time Internship, Hours Flexible
The Arts and Culture Research Intern will support the Rhode Island Arts and Culture Research Fellowship through community contact, research, and writing in the international forum of Wikipedia. This position reports to the Rhode Island Arts and Culture Research Fellow. The Rhode Island Arts and Culture Fellowship is designed to research, write, collect and connect stories of significant visual artists, performers, and writers past and present who have lived in Rhode Island to inform and inspire. The intern will be eligible to receive a stipend and course credit, if applicable. Click here to learn more about the Rhode Island Arts and Culture Research Fellowship.
- Engage cultural leaders and organizations to determine how they may want to participate in this project;
- Research online and in local libraries, archives and organizational collections to map and develop histories of people in creative communities in Rhode Island;
- Train local organizations and artists on engagement with Wikipedia;
- Compose Wikipedia articles (at least 2) on Rhode Island arts and culture.
- Computer/Technical Literacy: Mac OS X, Microsoft Office (experience with Wikipedia a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collegially;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Interest in humanities fields and nonprofit organizations.
Please send resume to email@example.com by 5:00 pm EST on May 10, 2019, with the subject “Arts and Culture Research Intern Application.” Please also provide a brief paragraph describing your interest in the body of the email.
Click here for a PDF of the internship listing.